Coming to St. James the Apostle Anglican Church on June 7, 2023 at 7:30 PM, join with the Women & Men of the Tay as we go across Canada with music from coast-to-coast. The choirs are under the direction of Brent McLaren with Raphael Shew and Pam Newton providing the accompaniment.
This unique program will feature a special choral tribute to the music of folk singer Stan Rogers. The audience will also experience beautiful choral sounds by some of Canada’s most respected arrangers.
This is the last full concert program prepared by Shelley McLaren, the choir’s founder and director for over 20 years, who sadly passed away from cancer in 2021. It was designed to be a joint concert, breaking with the tradition of holding a separate men’s and woman’s concert each June. The choral and visual program are being presented as a tribute to her many years of community service. Here is a list of just some of the songs the audience will be treated to.
- “From Sea to Sea” … a Cross Canada Concert
- The Maple Leaf Forever (SATB) – a cappella
- Song for the Mira (SATB) arr. Calvert
- Cape Breton Lullaby (SSA)
- Three Alberta Cowboy Songs (SATB) – a cappella
a – Alberta Homesteader
b – Blood on the Saddle
c – Flunky Jim
- Changed Forever (SSA) – a cappella
- Fogarty’s Cove (TTBB) – a cappella
- Make and Break Harbour (SATB)
- The Field Behind The Plow (SATB)
- Watching the Apples Grow (TTBB)
- Log Drivers Waltz (SSA) – a cappella
- The Hockey Song (SATB)
- We Rise Again (SATB)
- Song for Peace (SATB)
- O Canada (SATB)
Ticket sales for the concert will be available at a future date. Watch here for the announcement that they are on sale.